Sunday, May 24, 2015

Allender Will Apologize To Kooiker.

     From my facebook page:  Steve Allender  "The spelling of the name was a typo. I proofed the ad and didn't catch it. Nothing was meant by it and I will apologize to the Mayor."




     From my comments section in the prior post:  "John, and others: It is a typo. I proofed the ad on my mobile device and didn't catch it. There was nothing meant by it and I will apologize to the Mayor."



     I'll accept Allender's explanation at face value, though I'll understand why skeptics might be dubious.  
     
     

7 comments:

  1. No way.. . Allender saying something offensive, catching heat, and then attempting to erase his tracks? Doesn't sound familiar at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For clarity sake: I didn't say anything offensive, I failed to catch a typo made by a graphic artist. Secondly, I am not covering my tracks - I am apologizing.

      Delete
  2. Fair enough. Now how about addressing some matters of substance?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is all good, it allows Sam can continue to play the role of victim, a role he enjoys playing with full conviction. It also proves that Sam is the best speller. Remember the 'Calender' spelling error in his Sunday sticker on the RCJ? Ultimately, the spelling error also gets people to read the contents of an advertisement they probably wouldn't have otherwise read. Overall advantage Allender.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meant Steve was a bad speller. Kookier, Calender. Sam would win the spelling bee.

      Delete
  4. There is no way that Allender, then the design folks at RCJ, then the advertising editor, all missed that "typo" in an ad clearly mocking Sam. Also, Sam is in no way playing the victim - he hasn't said a single thing about this. This little childish stunt by Allender serves two purposes: It allows him to mock Sam and then act like the bigger man when he apologizes (though we are all still waiting for his apology to Native Americans). Allender handled this deftly like a "true politician"...but these kinds of antics have a way of coming back to bite you. Voters in Rapid City are more informed than the average bunch. Advantage Kooiker.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really? Sam is the perpetual victim, if the shoe fits........

    ReplyDelete